Discuss two increased challenges a project manager may face when leading virtual or global project teams..
Continuing from the previous assignment, it is now important to consider your approach to leading and managing your HR project. Tightly structured projects tend to restrict cross-organizational communication. As such, objectives originate at the top of the project and are subdivided as they are passed down, resulting in little opportunity for creative contributions. Effective leadership and managing of the project can greatly improve communication and team contributions.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Select two types of project management power that would be relevant to your current project, and explain your rationale.
- Be specific.
- Identify and briefly discuss a minimum of four outcomes (possible issues) resulting from managing projects, and address how you might resolve the issues. Be clear with your rationale.
- Discuss two increased challenges a project manager may face when leading virtual or global project teams.
- Recommend three strategies to deal with the challenges.
- Identify and explain your overall plan for communication management during the project. The plan must be comprehensive and at a minimum address structure, purpose, method, and timing.
- Use three sources to support your writing.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine types of manager power, how to resolve common management challenges, and how to manage team communication.